Fundraiser for burn victims of restaurant Fe
Last Thursday morning the 17th of March a gas cylinder exploded in restaurant Fe in San Marcos La Laguna. Francisco, who is in charge of maintenance, was changing the propane gas cylinder when it exploded.
Surrounding neighbors helped the five restaurant workers that were injured, all of them burned in various degrees. Restaurant owner Paul Carroll wasn't there at the time it happened. The people injured have been brought to the hospital as soon as possible.
Paul his family was also involved in this tragic event, his stepdaughter called Rosario and sister in law Isabel. Isabel is still in bad condition and will need further care when she returns home. Two other woman that are injured are Ancelma & Vilma.
Ancelma & Vilma and Rosario have left the hospital and are now resting in their homes. Isabella and Francisco have more severe conditions and are still being treated. After being released from the hospital, all of them need follow up care to attend the needs of the healing of the wounds.
We kindly ask our community at the lake to help to get some funds together to help Paul and his family & workers. The hospital bill from Sololá is already 110.000 quetzales alone for the first treatment. More treatment is necessary afterwards as well, so anything you could give would be of great help!
Thank you all so much!